Gratitude is a garden

Garden, St. Julien le Pauvre Church, Paris

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.~Marcel Proust

Departing Paris tomorrow for Cologne and then Venice.  In gratitude: Verjine and Aram, Vahan and Maral, gardeners all.

Advertisements

About Taline Voskeritchian

Writing teacher at Boston University; translator (from Arabic and Armenian); prose writer; occasional editor; incurable wanderer.
This entry was posted in Ordinary places, Those we Love. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Gratitude is a garden

1. Sandra Mintner says:

So happy to have found your blog, Taline. This is beautiful writing. I am so glad to know that you are sharing your insights as you travel and hope you have many wonderful new experiences along the way. My best wishes to you always, Sandy

• talinedv says:

Sandy,
      What a nice surprise on my last evening in Paris, before taking off to Cologne to see my friend A.B. whom I had met in Iowa City, more than thirty years ago, when Tamar was a baby. After Cologne, I am off to Venice.
      This is my first long trip across the pond since Ohan’s death.
      Thanks for your good words about my blog. I started it on a whim and now it has become a part of my life. Come back and visit. I’ll be writing from Cologne and, of course, Venice.
      Love,
      Taline

2. Jenny Zerdelian says:

taline, it’s wonderful that you’re traveling and being among friends in the old country; it is indeed so liberating to find ourselves again …. (fyi: i found your blog when talking to arsine a few days ago). bedig and i send you our most sincere thoughts and love! cousin jenny

• talinedv says:

Jenny and Bedig,
      It’s good to hear from you here in Paris. I am at the moment on my way to Cologne and then Venice.
      Come back and visit my blog. I’ll be writing from all sorts of places near and far.
      Love,
      Taline

3. Elaine Jefferson says:

Taline, I am so happy for you that you are having such a wonderful time visiting old friends and making new ones along the way. Your writings are so beautiful. I look forward to seeing you soon. Save trip back to our street.
    Love,Elaine

• talinedv says:

Elaine,
      I am back on our street as of yesterday! I will be going to the gym soon, and hope to see you either there or on my evening prowls in our neighborhood.